Weddings at Newburgh mean you get to host your nearest and dearest in your very own stately home for the day and we know there's a lot to think about so here's the low down…
- A wedding at Newburgh Priory gives you Exclusive Use – which means the House and Gardens are yours for the day – we’re also pooch and child friendly so all the family can attend!
- Newburgh Priory holds a civil ceremony license so you can say your vows in one of three Georgian rooms in the house from small intimate gatherings for 20 or up to 100 guests (with more to follow in the evening).
- We can also offer the option of an indoor/outdoor wedding - enjoy a ceremony for up to 300 in the Long Gallery Ruin then you & your partner sign on the dotted line inside one of our Georgian licensed rooms with a registrar.
- We don’t limit you to our “Suggested Suppliers” we can guide, advise and suggest suppliers that know our venue well but we don’t tie you in to anyone specific – the choice is yours.
- The Exclusive Use gives you the flexibility to theme as you wish – anything goes - from a glasto style festival to a 1920’s dance.
- If you choose to take part in the legals elsewhere (registry office/church) you can enjoy a wedding blessing/humanist ceremony indoors or outdoors. Choose between the three Georgian rooms for drinks & canapés in the House for up to 100 or take use of the beautiful Long Gallery Ruin outside for up to 300.
Alternatively, you can just enjoy your dinner and dancing at the Priory without a ceremony in a marquee of your choosing.
- For Dinner and Dancing, the Priory has three beautiful marquee sites which can suit numbers from 100 – 300 (larger numbers are possible) - The Ancient Lawn, Lakeside or in the Long Gallery.
- There’s ample parking on site for all your guests.
- Exclusive Use means you have access to the house from 8am until midnight on your wedding day. If you opt for a marquee, you can have access to the site the day before from 8.30am-6.30pm to decorate & make your own.
- Although we don’t have accommodation on site we are extremely lucky to have an abundance of places on the doorstep in the village of Coxwold – Newburgh House in particular stands at the gates of the Priory so you can enjoy your first night as bride and groom a stone’s throw away with your guests local too.
- Our team will assist as little or as much as you wish but will always be on hand throughout the day working with whichever suppliers you choose.
- And finally we do allow Fireworks at the Priory – so you can finish your dream day off with a bang!
To arrange a viewing at Newburgh Priory the team would love to hear from you email@example.com or find out more Weddings at Newburgh Priory.
Above - Kieran Paul Photography
Middle- Sally T Photography
Below - Andy Gaines Photography